Review: Fade ( Fade #1) by Kailin Gow

Name of book: Fade (Fade #1)
Author: Kailin Gow
Publication: August 15th 2011 by Edge by Sparklesoup
Genre: YA Paranormal
Soucre: E-book Owned

Celestra Caine, a 17-year-old senior at Richmond High, never thought it would happen to her--but it does. She's one of those people you see every day, go to school with, remember seeing at the supermarket or the mall, and then one day you don't hear about them any longer. They're gone, and eventually, you forget them.

-- My Rating --



-- My Thoughts --

     I fell in love with the cover at first sight, and the blurb was captivating.  Fortunately, this series is a bit "old" so book 1,2, and 3 have already been published. This is much easier for me, so I don't have to wait for the new books to come out. This was a promising start to the series.
     Celestra Cain, is a happy high school girl, she has a family who loves her, a boyfriend who adores her (Grayson), and she is gorgeous. But all that changes when one day, she comes home and nobody is there. Then suddenly, she receives a phone call from someone who tells her that she is "about to fade".
     Waking up in an abandoned building, with a handsome, mysterious boy, named Jack isn't the most of Celestra's worries. A group of people called "The Underground" think that she has special abilities and want to  know more about her, but another group "The Others" want her, too. What's more? Two boys are fighting over her like a piece of meat. Things cannot get worse. Except that they do.
     What (who) is Celestra? What happened to her family? Is she going to fade or not? And who will she choose; the mysterious Jack or the protective, caring Grayson? Find out much more when you read this intriguing, breathtaking story, Fade...
     I liked this book. It's my first Kailin Gow book. I googled her a little bit, and I was shocked to find out how many books she has and I never heard  of her, so I had to read something of hers. I will definitely be reading more. Kailin Gow has a simple writing style, which I hated before. But now, I am beginning to appreciate the style, it's very easy to keep up with and to understand.
     The plot is different from anything I have read before, but part of it is very common. For example, many books start with a girl/boy who doesn't know that she/he is special, then suddenly something happens and her/his powers are unleashed. I like the fact that Kailin Gow doesn't explain everything in the first book and she ends it with such a cliffhanger that I am DYING to read book 2.
    I liked most of characters. Celestra is wonderful, she would make a great friend, although I hated the fact that most female protagonists nowadays, are all gorgeous and model-looking girls. I liked Grayson, he is over-protective and helpful, but I didn't like Jack that much, he grew on me eventually.
    I have to try to keep my reviews SHORT these days. So let's rap it up. I will  surely be reading the next book in the series, and the third book, and maybe more. So, if you want an enjoyable, paranormal, and mysterious read then Fade is the one for you... Go grab a copy!

4 comments:

  1. Great review.
    I really like the cover. I guess I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I am glad you liked it!

      Delete
  2. Hey Soma,

    I have never read anything by Kailin Gow, either, but I having been meaning to try her out. I have Never Say Never that I am about to read.

    Nice review, and thanks for commenting on my Poison Princess review!

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!