Review: Everyday by David Levithan

Name of book: Everyday
Author: David Levithan
Publication: August 28th 2012 by Knopf Books for Young Readers 
Genre: YA Contemporary (I think...)
Source: Won @TheAussieZombie
Goodreads

Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.

There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.


-- My Rating --


4.5 / 5 Oscars: Really liked it

-- My Thoughts --

     I admit that I didn't read this book on purpose. I knew it would be great, so I put so many expectations into it, because of everything I heard of David Levithan and his amazing writing style. I feared that I would be let down. Well, let me just say that you can count me as one of David Levithan's die-hard fans!
---
It's so much easier when we're talking about things that are real. We don't have to remind ourselves what the point is, because we're right there in it...
---
     A, wakes up in a different body everyday. He has to keep his interactions to a minimum and never get too close to anyone, because he will leave the next day. So, he can't do any life-changing decisions. But when, one day, he gets into Justin's body, and meets Justin's girlfriend, Rhiannon, he knows that he has fallen in love. Head over heels in love, and he wants to spend EVERYDAY with her. But is that possible?
---
I am close enough to see that her eyes are blue. I am close enough now to see that nobody ever gets close enough to see how blue her eyes are...
---
     I can't begin to describe the loveliness and uniqueness of this book. The idea is so different from anything I have ever read, and David Levithan's writing style is... Well, I wish I was him, so I could be the one who wrote so many amazing books. His writing style is captivating and inspirational, I underlined so many amazing quotes from the book. Every page was something new.
---
We all contain mysteries, especially when seen from the inside...
---
     His characters are superb. A falls in love with Rhiannon over one meeting, in one day, you might think this is rushed, or insta-love, but it's not. A is different, he doesn't know what love is, or what it means to BE in love. He was amazing, and I will always refer to him as HE, since he is one of the most amazing boys I have ever read about, even if he woke up as a girl, somedays. Rhiannon is a like-able character and she is very believable. I would have done the same things if I was her, she wasn't easily convinced and she was lovely.
---
I am not blinded by the past or motivated by the future. I focus on the present, because that is where I am destined to live...
---
     I didn't expect the ending, at all. But I was pleasantly surprised. And I cried my eyes out in the end. You should have seen what David Levithan did to me, I was a mess. But I loved it. I CANNOT wait to read more of his books. I am IN love. Go, buy this, now!

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this book, and agree with your review, this book made my top ten YA list for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this in 2012 too, but it's just now that i got around to reviewing it

      Delete
  2. I still haven't read this book o.0 I know, what am I waiting for? Well I must add tis to my list soon, because I know I will enjoy it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so many great things about his books and I have this one but, for some reason I have yet to read it. I really need to change that! Great review!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED this book! So much I still haven't review it! What to say? You just have to follow A's life and it was amazing. Would be neat to be able to live so many lives but then at the same time so lonely to never have anything real not even be able to have a pet. Great story!

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!