Review: First Kiss by Cindy M. Hogan

Title: First Kiss (Confessions of a 16-year-old Virgin Lips: Episode One)
Author: Cindy M. Hogan
Publication: July 3rd 2013 by O'neal Publishing
Genre: YA Contemporary
Source: Provided by the kind publisher..

VL. Virgin Lips. You may not have heard of it, but where I live, it's a thing with a card, even if it is a figurative card. I was Brooklyn Hamlin, certified virgin lips, and I planned on clinging to that figurative card with all I had--while dating as many of the hottest guys at school as I could.
Maybe that's a bit strange. I mean, what teenage girl isn't interested in kissing? Locking lips definitely interested me, but the drama that came with it didn't. No kissing, no drama. Simple.
But on my sixteenth birthday, on my first real date even, the drama found me. His name was Luke Graham--cute, funny, and bad news for the whole female race.



-- My Rating --
3/5 Oscars: Liked it

-- My Thoughts --

     I didn't put a lot of expectations for this book. I thought it would be a cute, short, and silly (in a good way!) high school romance, and it was exactly that. 
     Brooke has just turned sixteen. And she's a virgin lips. So, when she finally has the freedom to actually go out with guys, and go on dates, most of the guys in her school become interested in the new lips in town! But, you don't always get what you expect, and Brooke will find out the hard way.
     This book is really, really short. I think I finished it in half an hour. It's the kind of book you read when you want something simple, not too complicated and touchy-feely. Just a cute high school romance book about an insecure, inexperienced girl trying to fit in. I got that from this book. And although the whole idea of the virgin lips didn't appeal to me, because it was not at ALL realistic, I still liked Brooke as a character. She's such an innocent girl, some might say too innocent for her own good, and I agree. No one is that innocent, I just can't believe that.
     This book finished really fast. I was engrossed in it, and then suddenly, it's over! So, I cannot wait to read the second confessions of this sweet, sixteen-year-old, kind-of-still virgin lips high school girl!

8 comments:

  1. Great review this sounds like a cute, quick read. Brooke sounds like a fun character, and even if the story is not the most realistic it sounds entertaining! Great review, muffin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's cute
      thanks for being here, Gissele!

      Delete
  2. I still need to read that one, but if it's really that short, I might just go ahead and get it over with :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this sounds like an adorable read! I'm glad that you enjoyed it, Soma. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is definitely ADORABLE!
      Thanks for being here!

      Delete
  4. Hmmm... I could go for cute, short and silly. :) Sounds like overall it was entertaining enough. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!