ARC Review: Oceanborn by Amalie Howard

Title: Oceanborn (The Aquarathi #2)
Author: Amalie Howard
Publication: July 29th 2014 by Harlequin Teen
Genre: YA Paranormal
Source: Provided by the kind publisher...
Goodreads

The coronation is over. 
But the battle has just begun. 


Nerissa Marin has won her crown. But can she keep it? Already, her ties to the human realm are driving a wedge between Nerissa and her people. When word arrives that her part-human prince consort, Lo, has been poisoned, she makes the difficult choice to leave Waterfell and return landside. As the royal courts debate her decision, even more disturbing rumors surface: a plot is rising against her, led by someone she least expects. 

On land, Nerissa learns another shocking truth: �Lo does not remember who she is. As her choice to try to save him threatens her hold on her crown, changing loyalties and uncertainty test her courage in ways she could never have imagined. Nerissa will have one last chance to prove herself as a queen …and save the undersea kingdom she loves.


-- My Rating --
4/5 Oscars: Really liked it

-- My Thoughts --

     I read the first book in this series a long while ago and it was definitely something unique that I have never seen before,, although I was familiar with the author even before she started this series. So I was anxiously waiting for the second book in this series.
     Nerissa has finally descended into her rightful throne but there is still so much more danger in store of her. Especially after she leaves her love, Leo on land to go into the water. I really can't say anything more because I will ruin it for anyone else who has not read this series yet.
     As always, the thing that interests me the most about this series is the plot. It's such a refreshing one. I love reading about aliens, and this was the first book I read about them, but definitely not the last. Aside from that, there is not much going on and this was the same problem I had with the first book. It was going a bit too slow at times and I got bored.
     The romance is also another subplot of this story but it was almost non-existent. I wanted more development in the romance but nothing happened. It almost felt like the first book was repeating itself considering the romance subplot. There is also the development of some of the minor characters that we didn't see much of in the first book. That was definitely a plus. Specially getting to know more about Speio and what kind of person he is.
     There was a little twist going on throughout the book and although I figured it out much sooner, it was still the most interesting thing about this book. And the end was so exhilarating! I LOVED it. I cannot wait for book three!

4 comments:

  1. aww, i would have wanted more romance too! great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the pacing, really, because the rest sounds very interesting and original. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Jot down your feels, your thoughts, your musings
I Listen!